Costa Rica Investment or Development Parcels, Farm Land Ranch, Foreclosures and Bargains
Here are 6 deals I have that should excite you. we have much more information and pictures for all the parcels listed below, contact us for more information
- We have a new listing for a well established hotel in Ojochal, right on the Costanera highway, 12 rooms in seperate cabins, nearly all with AC, pool, restaurant, great parking, well established and in all the guide books, Asking 1.35 million. Email for more information.
- The next is a fantastic opportunity, the property consists of 705 acres that was purchased by an investment group in 2006 for $2.66 million but was recently foreclosed on and now available for $1.25 million or best offer. the owner will finance part with a significant down payment. It is located 20 minutes from Quepos/Manuel Antonio and has a mile long ridge of ocean views as well as a river on the property and nice waterfall. The land is very usable and has a newly improved access road as well as some existing fruit tree. it was originally a cattle ranch. the property is available for less than the typical cost of pasture land and this is a great buy and hold deal for someone looking to hedge against any kind of economic or currency downturn.
- I also have a parcel of 525 acres located in Pavone in the very southern Pacific region of the Gulfo Dulce. This land was partially what we call “Ajedo land” that was given to the present owner to farm the property. Although the land includes ocean front and is in a great location, the issues are that this parcel does have some squatters currently on the property though the owner has a court order for their removal, the ocean front is considered “concession property” and would need special permits for development that are difficult for a “non Costa Rican” to get and the land is technically agricola ajedo land so the right to sell it is questionable. The seller is looking for 1 Million US and will finance half with $500,000 down.
- The next is a 281.7 acre parcel in the Tarialba river watershed, PRICED AT LESS THAN $1000 PER ACRE AT JUST $275,000 dollars. This nearly 300 acre recreation area parcel is in central Costa Rica near Turrialba Volcano. Much of the land is virgin forest. Beautiful wilderness property, 114 hectares with deed and parcel survey, registered in the public registry. The parcel is just 40 minutes from the center of Turrialba. . 60% virgin forest including old-growth Chancho, Roble Negro, Copal, Cedro Dulce; 40% reforested in Caribe, Cedro Mana, Roble, Nogal. Reforestation project began 36 years ago, has been left to grow to natural state for last 10 years. This farm is a major watershed for Turrialba region, sheltering source of Tuís and Dulce Nombre Rivers. Dulce Nombre runs through property with numerous waterfalls. Opportunity for Carbon Credit, Conservation efforts or to offset whatever bad press or publicity your business may have accrued. Preserving rain forest is a great way to boost your public image through conservation. The property has easy access with gravel road to entrance of property. You can cull lumber, build a home, etc but full scale lumbering or development would be difficult since forest is protected in Costa Rica, you can again use some, thin out nice timber, plant teak, etc .” Always wanted to farm?. This parcel is being offered ideally as a way to preserve this parcel, a major watershed in Costa Rica containing primary and secondary forest. This parcel is 114 Hectare or 281.7 acres. There is a service road and much of the land (60%) is still primary virgin forest. The other 40% was reforested about 35 years ago and has been protected by the current owner for the past ten years. This property is not really practical for development and basically the preferred thought by the current owner is that you might use it either to offset carbon foot print somewhere, to promote the fact that the owner or organization is protecting rain forest in Costa Rica, or perhaps you want to build a home, do some thinning and milling, etc. The parcel could have a single home put on it or a retreat for the owner who wants to be surrounded by nature, protecting their space and providing easy sustainability for you for life, sell off some lumber each year, perfect for retiree.
- I also have a 202 acre parcel in the town of Ojochal owned by a doctor in Atlanta, primary and secondary forest and you could no likely do much with it since it is forest and has a river running right through the middle, available at $425,000
- I have 3 parcels that were a planned development, close to Orotina and 30 minutes form the coast, water and electric at the parcels, average size of 10 to 15 acres each and priced at $200,000 each. Permits were issued initially to the entire parcel as one unit to build 220 homes but that permit has since expired. The owner has now sub-divided into 3 parcels. The entire east and south Boundary has a paved road. the land from east to west rises from 2000 to 2500 feet and back down to 2000... AyA water is to the South East corner of the property as are electricity, cable TV and phone. Most people use Claro for TV. At the proper price, the current owner would consider paying to run electricity to the SE corner of each parcel, however, I would recommend going off of the grid with solar and wind turbines. The entire site has almost constant winds. The views of the East parcel which has all normal utilities to the SE corner are mountain view and very nice. The Center parcel has a large virtually flat portion on the top with views from Rio Tarcoles to the point of the Nicoya peninsula to Puntarenas. The distance to the water is about 15 miles. The West parcel has a large virtually flat area and has a view from Puntarenas to past the southern tip of the Nicoya.
All parcels can be further divided. This is especially true due to the large road frontage which allows for small homesites which have road frontage, although in this case the site would actually be accessed by an interior servidumbre... The East, mountain view property is best suited for this as it is narrow and long.. The Center piece has great views and could easily be 3 or 4 large homesites or more if a condo were proposed. The west parcel can be anything you want, but would require interior roads..
The Canton of San Mateo has been very cooperative with regard to the potential use of this land. At one time we had a uso de suelo for 220 houses and a hotel. These are only good for a year, but it shows the inclination of the Canton for future development.
If someone is thinking rural with around 10 acres, these sites are perfect, whether for future personal use or subdivision. They are about 10-15 minutes to Orotina going straight West where you end up at the railroad tracks in Orotina, or 10-15 minutes East to Atenas. The closest access time to the water is about 30 minutes...
The price is $225,000 for the West parcel, which is 12.4 acres or 4.9984 hectare. That is $4.50 per square meter.
The price for the mountain top, center parcel is $250,000, which is 8.8 acres or 3.5430 hectare. That is $7.06 per square meter.
The price of the mountain view, east parcel is $125,000, which is 7.9 acres or 3.1818 hectare. That is $3.93 per square meter. I have photos of all these parcels and can show them with a few days notice.